The Kid’s Corral is committed to hiring the highest quality individuals who provide safe, loving and nurturing care. Many of our teachers have their degrees in Early Childhood Education. We require all teachers to have a minimum of 30 hours of continued education, above that of the state requirement of 24. At a minimum, The Kid’s Corral staff is trained in all of the following areas:
- First Aid/CPR
- Developmental Stages of Children
- Age-Appropriate Activities for Children
- Positive Guidance and Discipline of Children
- Fostering Children’s Self-Esteem
- Supervision and Safety Practices in the Care of Children
- Positive Interaction with Children
- Preventing the Spread of Communicable Diseases
- Recognizing and Preventing Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Understanding Early Childhood Brain Development
- Recognizing signs of abuse and neglect
- Understanding safe sleep practices and preventing sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Emergency preparedness
- Preventing, controlling and responding to emergencies due to food or an allergic reaction
- Child health and safety
We are committed to providing a quality, learning environment. All staff are encouraged to further their education through additional training and are given opportunities to attend professional training conferences.
The Kid’s Corral at Providence Village
My name is Minette McGuire. I have been an early childhood educator for over 23 years, 9 of those at The Kid’s Corral. In that time, I have also been blessed with an amazing family; my husband of 23 years (Mark) 4 amazing boys (Tony, Steven, Donoavn and Andrew) and 3 grandchildren (Broedy, Waylon and Brooklyn) – with another on the way (Fynn). All of our children have started their own lives and now we are left with one at home.
Our home also involves taking care of our two donkeys, chickens , a cat and two dogs, all of which are considered part of our family. I am grateful for all the wonderful experiences I have had come into my life.
Everyday is a brand new adventure I look forward to experiencing. Children have a special light inside that needs to shine. My journey in life is to show love and affection, and allow children of all ages to know they are special and have so much to offer to others.
- CDA, non expiring license with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Certified Facilitator for Love and Logic
- Qualified Trainer with the State of Texas
- Food Handlers Manager
- 4 Star Certified Program Center Director
- The Association for Early Learning Leaders
- Conscious Discipline Training
The Kid’s Corral at Savannah
Brenda Rodriguez, Director
My name is Brenda Rodriguez. I am the director for The Kids Corral of Savannah. I have been in the Early Childhood Field for 27 years, 19 of those years directing Early Childhood Schools in the Dallas/FW area. I have Child Development Associates Credential (CDA), a Professional Administrators Credential, a National Administrators Credential and have been licensed through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services since 1998. I have been a trainer for various workshops and have hosted many Teacher/Director events. I am currently working together with a colleague to host an Early Childhood Directors networking program here locally.
My family and I live in Celina, TX. My husband Carlos and I are so blessed to have 3 amazing children. My oldest daughter Alexa Aileen attends Collin College; she resides in McKinney with her husband John. Alyssa Nicole is currently attending Baylor University, and my youngest son Carlos is at Texas State College. I enjoy spending time with them at college games and going fishing and hunting as a family. When I am not with my family, I truly enjoy wood and paper crafting.
Seeing the world through the eyes of the children is a gift of being in education. I have had the joy of being in education for over 25 years. Being able to support children, families and staff in life’s journey is a joy. One of my priorities is to be able to provide peace of mind to all working parents while their children are in our care. I am very excited to be part of The Kids Corral family and would like to welcome you to schedule a tour of our beautiful center. Our main focus is to offer a well-rounded program to meet all the core components of development through a safe, clean, loving environment in which children can grow and thrive.